[U-Boot] Socfpga preloader signing patch

Gerhard Sittig gsi at denx.de
Mon Apr 7 15:17:14 CEST 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 22:47 +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I'm trying to get custom preloader to work (on EBV Socrates)... I
> > tried applying old patch from mail archives, but a) applying patch
> > from mail archives is not fun and b) it did not seem to do the trick.
>
> Just to make sure... right way to use the
> socfpga-signed-preloader.bin is
>
> dd if=socfpga-signed-preloader.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=64k seek=0
> dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=64K seek=4

Assuming that mmcblk0p1 is the raw partition (type A2) on your
disk, then yes these are the correct instructions.  You only
update one of the four preloader copies, but this is fine as
well.  Cannot spot a problem here.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr. 5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de