[U-Boot] How to disable MAC address for usb_ether

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Apr 8 07:35:47 CEST 2014

Hi Xuebing,

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:13:04 +0800, Xuebing Wang <xbing6 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My board has one Ethernet, one USB Host and one USB Slave.
>
> Command bdinfo shows below:
>
> eth0name    = cpsw
> ethaddr     = 90:59:af:54:1a:28
> eth1name    = usb_ether
> eth1addr    = 90:59:af:54:1a:2a
> current eth = cpsw
>
> Would you please teach me how to disable usb_ether MAC address, thus
> bdinfo will show "eth1addr    = (not set)"?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Why do you want to unset the MAC address? Either you are using USB
Ethernet, and you need it to have a valid MAC, or you are not using it,
and eth1addr does not matter and can be safely ignored.

Still, you might want to try and check whether eth1addr is defined
in the environment (see env commands) and try to unset it -- but that
depends on which board exactly you are using and whether it is
supported by mainline U-Boot.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.