[U-Boot] config: enable CONFIG_API in distro config

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Sat Apr 19 16:04:52 CEST 2014

On Sat, 2014-04-19 at 02:05 +0100, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> Ian Campbell wrote some neat patches for patching the (grub) kernel
> link addres at grub-install time, which would be an improvement, but is
> also quite invasive over several ports:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-12/msg00426.html

Even with this you still need some sort of distro mechanism for
determining the grub load address for the platform at installation time,
which is a pain.

Leif and I also poked at the possibility of a relocatable (i.e. PIC/PIE)
grub image, but just couldn't get the compiler to produce anything
halfway correct (not sure why, but it was getting into some of the
dustier corners of gcc/ld options).

Ian.