[U-Boot] Micron PC28F00AP30 flash support

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Apr 22 15:15:04 CEST 2014

Hi Andy,

On 14.04.2014 13:32, Andy Pont wrote:
> I am looking at porting U-Boot to a board that is being designed with a
> Micron PC28D00AP30 NOR flash device and can't work out whether this is
> something that is already supported by U-Boot or whether it is work that I
> will need to undertake.
>
> I have had a good grep through the code and can't find any specific
> references to the device but don't know the CFI code well enough to know
> whether it will just detect it and work.  According to the Micron datasheet,
> the device itself is 1Gb in density and has symmetrical 64Kword erase
> blocks.
>
> Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I did not look at the datasheet of this NOR device. But chances are
quite good that this device is currently supported by the common CFI NOR
flash driver without any changes. The most complex part will be to
correctly configure the CONFIG_ options for your board / flash chip.

I suggest to copy/clone those CFI CONFIG options from another config
header of a similar board port (e.g. same ARM SoC or PowerPC variant).
And make potentially necessary changes for your board port (address etc).

HTP,
Stefan