[U-Boot] IPv6 in U-BOOT

chris packham chris.packham at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Mon Apr 28 23:02:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

>>> On 29/4/2014 at 05:01 AM, "Jean-Pierre TOSONI" <jp.tosoni at acksys.fr> wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> I am looking for IPv6 support in U-Boot. I saw that you made some work
> about it last year.
>
> Did you obtain a working IPv6 ? Is it available somewhere ?

I've got it to a point where it is possible to process ICMPv6 echos (ping6). My next
planned step was to get tftp to work over IPv6. Unfortunately $life and $dayjob
have got in the way and I haven't been able to spend the time I would like to on it.
I don't think it's actually far off getting tftp working but getting the code into shape
where it's acceptable to Joe and Wolfgang/Tom might take a bit of work.

My code is up on github https://github.com/cpackham/u-boot/tree/ipv6 I haven't
rebased against u-boot master for a while so it's fairly out of date.

If there is enough interest I'd be happy to put some more work into this. I could try
to convince my employer to let me spend some work time on it.