[U-Boot] Unable to create BOOT.BIN using zynq-boot-bin.py

Heshsham Abdul Basit hf.basit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:08:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I compiled U-boot source from master-next branch, after copying ps7_init.c
and .h files from h/w project,

Now I get u-boot-spl u-boot-spl.bin

I wanted to get BOOT.BIN that I can put in SD card and boot my linux
kernel.  However I am unable to run the script for BOOT.BIn generation a
can be seen below:

[root at xilinx tools]# ./zynq-boot-bin.py -u u-boot-spl -o BOOT.BIN
Input file is: u-boot-spl
Output file is: BOOT.BIN
Using /home/Hannan/master-next/u-boot-xlnx/tools/u-boot-spl to get image
length - it is 470104 (0x72c58) bytes
Loaded to the OCM image should fit into 3 mapped pages of OCM - 192K
(0x30000), specified  0x72c58
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./zynq-boot-bin.py", line 217, in <module>
    0) #start_exec)
  File "./zynq-boot-bin.py", line 132, in image_generator
    exit (ERROR_DEFS['HEAD'])
NameError: global name 'ERROR_DEFS' is not defined
[root at xilinx tools]#

Please help what is going on wrong here