[U-Boot] Newbies list?

Frank Ihle frank.ihle at hs-offenburg.de
Tue Aug 12 16:08:12 CEST 2014

>On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Igor Grinberg wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:09:41 +0300
>> From: Igor Grinberg
>> To: Jonathan Ben Avraham , David Nelson
>> Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de
>> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] Newbies list?

>[snip]
>>> +1
>>>
>>> It would be good to have a development *discussion* list, as opposed to the current patch-oriented list.
>>
>> patches _are_ development...
>> I don't think you can separate one from the other...
>> As Lukasz already said, don't be afraid, post your wondering.
>
>Hi Igor,
>You are correct, patches _are_ indeed development. But they are _not_
>discussion. But you can discuss design decisions without reference to
>patches. Of course if all that you have is a hammer then the world looks
>like a nail, or a patch in this case. There needs to be a separate list to
>discuss design, planning, documentation and instruction issues, with a
>low-enough volume to allow for the occasional noob question. The current
>list is not appropriate for these needs.

Well I've got to say, as a User I'd surely like to learn some new tricks from time to time. I believe this new mailing list would be the right place for it. What is happening now: my Mailbox gets full of messages, that I barely read (because they are just too many), most of those I have read then weren't useful for me at all - and I guess I unintentionally deleted many interesting mails because of this. Surely I'm not the only one doing it this way.

Kind Regards
Frank