[U-Boot] Newbies list?

James Chargin jimccrown at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:30:26 CEST 2014

On 08/12/2014 11:24 PM, Hannes Petermaier wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>

>> Well I've got to say, as a User I'd surely like to learn some new tricks
> from
>> time to time. I believe this new mailing list would be the right place
> for it.
>> What is happening now: my Mailbox gets full of messages, that I barely
> read
>> (because they are just too many), most of those I have read then weren't
>
>> useful for me at all - and I guess I unintentionally deleted many
> interesting
>> mails because of this. Surely I'm not the only one doing it this way.
>
> in this case you've the possibility to switch into "digest mode" on the
> mailing-list web-page.
> Then you get only a few emails per day and you can have a look to the
> headlines and read the rest if there is something interesting.

Another option might be to set up an active email filter that moves the
U-Boot mailing list messages from your inbox to a different folder.

I have my Thunderbird installation set up this way. I don't get
interrupted for U-Boot emails and I can easily scan the email subject
lines to see what I might want to read, when I have time.

I've been subscribed to the list for a few years, but I consider myself
a newbie in that U-Boot is not my main job. I found that after a while I
had a good idea of what I should look at and what I ignore. The context
of what the active developers were doing has been valuable to me. I also
have asked a few pretty basic questions on the list and have found the

Jim
--
Jim Chargin
AJA Video Systems                       jimc at aja.com