[U-Boot] Falcon mode boot support

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Dec 15 18:23:50 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 04:20:46PM -0000, Andy Pont wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently setting up the Falcon mode support for a custom AM3354 based
> platform that has U-Boot and the Linux kernel in an SPI NOR flash.
>
> Following the instructions I have loaded the kernel to ${loadaddr} and
> device tree to ${fdtaddr} from the SPI flash device and then have run:
>
> U-Boot> spl export fdt ${loadaddr} - ${fdtaddr}
>
> Which seems to have executed correctly as the output ends:
>
> Argument image is now in RAM: 0x8fb3d000
>
> I now need to save this generated data into the SPI ROM but can't figure out
> how much I need to write.  Could someone let me know how to work it out?

So first, take a look at drivers/mtd/spi/spi_spl_load.c as that's what
will be doing falcon mode work on your SPI flash.

Second, take a look at board/ti/am335x/README, you're looking for the
lines that read like:
Using Device Tree in place at 80f80000, end 80f85928

Which means the size is 0x5928.

--
Tom