[U-Boot] Falcon mode boot support

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Mon Dec 15 22:08:08 CET 2014

Hi Tom,

> So first, take a look at drivers/mtd/spi/spi_spl_load.c as that's what
> will be doing falcon mode work on your SPI flash.
>
> Second, take a look at board/ti/am335x/README, you're looking for the
> lines that read like:
> Using Device Tree in place at 80f80000, end 80f85928

I have managed to make some progress and I think I have got what I think is
the right data stored in the flash.  Unfortunately when I try to boot it
locks up at:

spl: payload image: Linu load addr: 0x80007fc0 size: 3893360
Jumping to Linux
Entering kernel arg pointer: 0x80000100

I'm guessing the kernel arg pointer value is incorrect either that or it has
ignored the boot arguments and not picked up the console parameter.

Could you advise?

Thanks,

Andy.