[U-Boot] u-boot spl with FIT images

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Feb 3 09:20:38 CET 2014

Hi Simon,

On 02/01/2014 01:28 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
> +U-Boot (good to copy the list)

yes, sure.

> Hi Michal,
>
> On 28 January 2014 06:23, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> hope that you are good.
>> IRC you mentioned at u-boot minisummit that you are enabling
>> FIT support for u-boot SPL.
>> I have checked the code and there is support for legacy format
>> not for FIT images.
>> IRC that you have done that.
>> Have you sent any patches regarding that?
>
> Yes I have certainly had FIT support built into SPL. However my memory
> is a little unclear at this stage. I did submit quite a long list of
> image-related improvements:

ok.

> 689a197 sandbox: image: Create a test for loading FIT images
> af732a6 sandbox: image: Adjust FIT image printing to work with sandbox
> 4aec530 image: Use fit_image_load() to load kernel
> 63544a0 image: Use fit_image_load() to load FDT
> 48b7e7a image: Use fit_image_load() to load ramdisk
> d48eed3 image: Introduce fit_image_load() to load images from FITs
> 2ce9f76 mkimage: Add map_sysmem() and IH_ARCH_DEFAULT to simplfy building
> 13d0698 image: Add device tree setup to image library
> 44d3a30 image: Split libfdt code into image-fdt.c
> 87ebee3 image: Add CONFIG_FIT_SPL_PRINT to control FIT image printing in SPL
> 1fe7d93 image: Remove remaining #ifdefs in image-fit.c
> aa6d6db mkimage: Put FIT loading in function and tidy error handling
> 35e7b0f sandbox: image: Add support for booting images in sandbox
> d8b7536 image: Rename hash printing to fit_image_print_verification_data()
> bbb467d image: Rename fit_add_hashes() to fit_add_verification_data()
> 003efd7 image: Export fit_conf_get_prop_node()
> e754da2 image: Move error! string to common place
> ab9efc6 image: Move hash checking into its own function
> b8da836 image: Rename fit_image_check_hashes() to fit_image_verify()
> b726091 image: Convert fit_image_hash_set_value() to static, and rename
> 94e5fa4 image: Split hash node processing into its own function
> 604f23d image: Move HOSTCC image code to tools/
> 53fbb7e image: Split FIT code into new image-fit.c
> 61a439a image: Export fit_check_ramdisk()
> 859e92b image: Move timestamp #ifdefs to header file
> 816cb03 mkimage: Move ARRAY_SIZE to header file
> 0ccff50 image: Use crc header file instead of C prototypes
>

> However I am not sure exactly what I had to do to enable FIT in SPL.
> Have you tried it? What support do you think is missing? That might
> help jog my memory.

spl_parse_image_header() is that function I am talking about.
There is this checking
image_get_magic(header) == IH_MAGIC
where IH_MAGIC is 0x27051956 which is old u-boot image format.

What I thought that you have is support for images in doc/uImage.FIT
format in u-boot SPL.
Just to have kernel/dtb/ramdisk in one file.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854