[U-Boot] NAND bad block table

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Tue Feb 4 13:43:55 CET 2014

Hi Scott and others,

I have a question regarding BBT position and number of blocks allocated
for BBT.

Did you face the issue with last 4 blocks broken in any NAND flash
device since the default option in Linux/u-boot BBM is last 4 blocks?

It doesn't mean that if the last 4 blocks are broken than the NAND flash
device is broken too.
Also I haven't seen any common binding for Linux kernel to change it.

Has someone tried to improve this algorithm or process of storing BBT in a better way.
For example just look for BBT from the end till any limit?

Thanks,
Michal