[U-Boot] Question about Coding-Style

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Feb 4 23:03:39 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 12:50 +0000, Hannes Petermaier wrote:
> 2)
> a line ist limited to 80 characters (maybe thus comes from very old days
> where displays couldn't show more than this and scrolling was very
> expensive). is this state of the art ?

Even on a fairly nice, modern screen, I find 80 columns to be about
right for two side-by-side windows with a comfortable font size.

Plus, horizontal scrolling is still a pain[1], and excessively long
lines can be harder to read even if they fit on the screen (this is why
newspapers and other documents often format text in columns).

-Scott

[1] I'm looking at you, new boards.cfg format!