[U-Boot] u-boot compile error: Source object has EABI version 5, but target has EABI version 0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 5 11:41:32 CET 2014

Dear Abdullah,

In message <1391536944.55409.YahooMailNeo at web140303.mail.bf1.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> When I try to compile u-boot I get the following error:
>
> The error is explained in this link:
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/SourceObjectHasEABIVersion4ButTargetHasEABIVersion0
>
> It works for another toolchain. However, I want to learn that if
> there is a way to compile it with the current toolchain as explained
> in the link above.

EABI has become the default configuration for ARM systems many, many
years ago.  If you still have such an ancient tool chain that does not
support it, it definitely makes no sense trying to use that for any
recent version of U-Boot.  All such efforts are simply wasted.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.