[U-Boot] [RFC] Add 64-bit data support for memory commands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 13 06:27:33 CET 2014

Dear York,

In message <52FBF8D6.1050806 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > Can you please make all this code conditional for 64 bit architectures
> > only, so that 32 bit systems do not suffer from the increased code
> > size?
>
> I should point out the main reason of this patch is to fix the wrong size of
> ulong, used in many places of cmd_mem.c. I can leave out the support of 64-bit
> data. I don't see how useful it is.

I think it is very useful.  On such systems you may want to read and
manipulate 64 bit device registers and such, so we need tools to
atomically access these.

Ideally your patch should be split in two: the first would fix ulong,
and the second would add the 64 bit support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In general, they do what you want, unless you want consistency.
                                    - Larry Wall in the perl man page