[U-Boot] U-Boot XML support

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Feb 14 12:00:15 CET 2014

Hi Hannes,

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:25:00 -0000 (UTC), "Hannes Petermaier"
<hannes at petermaier.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In future i have the need to fetch some settings (display timings,
> mac-addresses) from an XML file stored in some flash.
> This is necessary for having only one configuration space for the
> bootloader and the OS. The OS is VxWorks which uses this information too.
>
> So my question, is there any support for reading XML in u-boot ?

No, there isn't, as a 'git grep -i xml' shows: XML is only mentioned
in the doc/DocBook and tools/kernel-doc directories.

But since you'll need to provision the file onto the target anyway, you
just need to pass it through script which will convert it into U-Boot
environment variables.

> Best regards,
> Hannes

Amicalement,