[U-Boot] Error Code "rm cannot remove directory 'asm/arch' : Is a directory"

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Feb 18 14:46:39 CET 2014

Hi Ambuj,

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:51:12 +0530, Ambuj Saxena <ambuj at sarvajal.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>              I am trying to learn u-boot in xp.
> *http://d1.amobbs.com/bbs_upload782111/files_41/ourdev_649777NIY8KG.pdf
> <http://d1.amobbs.com/bbs_upload782111/files_41/ourdev_649777NIY8KG.pdf>*

Why on Earth use XP? It's about the worst possible choice of MS OS for
trying to build U-Boot, if only because it's going to stop being
supported very soon (if not already?).

Plus, in general, U-Boot building requires GCC or LLVM, and generally
Unix- or Linux-originating tools, which are fiddly to get working
properly on an MS OS (disclaimer: I last tried this a decade ago and it
was a /nightmare/. I guess it got better over time, but still, it's
either MingW or Cygwin, right, and that probably still means a lot of
"playing around" to get things working).

> When I am trying to build u-boot I got an error.
> When I call command "*make am3517_evm_config*" then  *Error* is "rm cannot
> remove directory 'asm/arch' : Is a directory
> make : ***[am3517_evm_config] Error 1

Which version of U-Boot are you building, and with which version of GCC?

> This time I don't know what to do. anyone can help me out
>
> Any Kind of suggestion would be appreciated.

Why not install some Linux-based OS? If you can't, why not at least run
some Linux-based OS as a VM? You'd save a lot of trouble IMO.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.