[U-Boot] FAT filesystem support on SPI flash

Vasili Galka vvv444 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 17:50:13 CET 2014

Dear Jagan,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.
SPI flash is just a medium that has sectors/pages/blocks (call it
however you want). You are free to store data with any structure you
like on it. So if you like - you can store FAT file-system on it.
That's true that maybe storing a FAT file-system that has frequent
write operations on SPI flash is not a good idea, both because of
speed and because of flash wear. But that is an entirely different
question. There are still many cases when the data does not change
frequently and FAT on SPI flash can be useful.

Best,
Vasili