[U-Boot] Question about Zynq SPL

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed Feb 26 09:33:19 CET 2014

Hi,

On 02/26/2014 09:14 AM, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> Hello Michal,
>

>> yes
>> or of course what SPL supports just directly to the OS
>>
>>     [1] Boot ROM
>>     [2] U-Boot SPL
>>     [3] OS
>>
>> any question regarding this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> FSBL can download FPGA bit stream.
> Is it supported by U-Boot SPL too?

Not by the version which is in currently in the mailine.
But if you look at git.xilinx.com u-boot repo master-next branch
you will see that loading bitstream from U-BOOT spl is there
for MMC boot which I am using.

> If I don't have to launch Xilinx SDK to create FSBL,
> that'd be better.

You just need to have ps7_init.c/h files or generate
this setting out of SDK for your hardware project.
Currently in our and in mainline repo are just weak functions
because make no sense to push to the mainline setting
which is just used by one hardware design.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854