[U-Boot] 16 bit I2c read write on omap4 ?

Vikram Singh Shekhawat vikram.singh at vvdntech.com
Thu Feb 27 07:31:20 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have a doubt how to do 16 bit read write on i2c bus at u-boot.

I am working on i2c sensor(of address accessing is 16 bit read/write). I
want to configure this sensor at u-boot but i dont know how to do 16 bit
i2c md/mw or i2c read/write. I seen the i2c md/mw commands they do not
support 16 bit i2c read write, how can i enable 16 bit i2c access at u-boot.

One more doubt :
If i make a my own i2c command for 16 bit read or write, Is i2c driver
inside u-boot supports 16 bit data read or write?If not how can i make it
to do 16 bit read or write?

Thanks & Regards
Vikram