[U-Boot] [U-boot] Uboot's plan for ARMv8

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Jan 10 15:15:49 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:02:43AM +0800, TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn wrote:

> Hi, experts:
>
> Does U-boot have any plan to support ARMv8 SOC?

I think the short answere here is that it's not quick to merge in brand
new arch support (it's more than just adding a new SoC family, it's
adding in a new processor family too) but we're on track to have ARMv8
support in the next release.  I would then expect that..

> Nvidia has decleared 64bit SOC plan.

... any nvidia ARMv8 platforms to come in via the u-boot-tegra tree and
other ARMv8 platforms to come in via their respective platforms (if
i.MX9000, which I just made up, is where Freescale does ARMv8, it can
still go via u-boot-imx as far as I'm concerned) unless that custodian
really wants someone else to own it.

--
Tom