[U-Boot] Fwd: Re: Boot Linux kernel with initramfs fails

Jean-baptiste DURONEA jbduro2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:46:32 CET 2014

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

I forgot some explanations, sorry about that.

I refer to this problem :
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-July/159055.html

First, I tried to boot linux with initramfs through u-boot, but I had
the same problem explained in my first post.

Here is a part of the config file used by my -boot :

  /* High Level Configuration Options */
#define CONFIG_ARMV7    /* This is armv7 Cortex-A9 CPU core */
#define CONFIG_MXC
#define CONFIG_MX6DL
#define CONFIG_MX6DL_DDR3
#define CONFIG_MX6DL_SABRESD
#define CONFIG_DDR_32BIT
#define CONFIG_FLASH_HEADER
#define CONFIG_FLASH_HEADER_OFFSET 0x400
#define CONFIG_MX6_CLK32       32768

/* Disable secure boot feature in default, if you want to enable this
  * feature, please carefully read related documents, you may needs to
  * change u-boot.lds */
#undef CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT

#define CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT

#define CONFIG_ARCH_CPU_INIT
#undef CONFIG_ARCH_MMU /* disable MMU first */
#define CONFIG_L2_OFF  /* disable L2 cache first*/

#define CONFIG_MX6_HCLK_FREQ    24000000

#define CONFIG_DISPLAY_CPUINFO
#define CONFIG_DISPLAY_BOARDINFO

#define CONFIG_SYS_64BIT_VSPRINTF

#define BOARD_LATE_INIT

#define CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG    /* enable passing of ATAGs */
#define CONFIG_SERIAL_TAG
#define CONFIG_REVISION_TAG
#define CONFIG_SETUP_MEMORY_TAGS
#define CONFIG_INITRD_TAG
#define CONFIG_MXC_GPIO

initramfs is loaded in ram at 0x10C00000 by mfgtools, which is the
freescales's manufacturing tool.

I don't know which configuration I need to set on u-boot to tell him
initramfs is at address 0x10C00000, and consequently it hands on linux.

  I am really bloqued on this problem.
Can you give me some hints ?

Tanks a lot !

Regards,