[U-Boot] U-boot memory test results

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Fri Jan 17 13:21:16 CET 2014

Hello aryanlak,

Am 17.01.2014 09:11, schrieb aryanlak:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to perform memory test (FLASH) during U-boot and read the results
> after the operating system (Linux) is booted up.
> Is it possible? If so, can anyone guide me to do so?

On which plattform do you want to try this?

You can activate CONFIG_LOGBUFFER in your board config file, and
try it, grep for "CONFIG_LOGBUFFER" for examples. The enbw_cmc is
a good example for an arm plattform, but you need also adaptions in
your Linux kernel, as this is not supported in mainline kernel! See
here a try to bring it into mainline

http://lwn.net/Articles/501425/

But this patch does not longer works for newer kernels, as logbuffer
handling had changed ... so maybe, you have to do a complete rework ...

bye,
Heiko