[U-Boot] POST in u-boot for P2020 process

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 23 11:38:22 CET 2014

Dear pshambhu,

In message <1390469712091-172115.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I am interested in performing POST (Power On Self Test ) operation in
> u-boot. As soon as the system starts booting , it should perform some basic
> functionality Testing,
>
> - Cache test
> - Memory Test
> - RAM test
> - I2C test
> - SPI Test
> - Ethernet Test
> - UART test
> - Watch Dog Timer Test
>

> Please let me know the changes required in U-boot Code to perform POST
> operation while System bootup.

You have to implement the required tests for your hardware (unless
these already exist) and then enable them in your board config file;
please see doc/README.POST for details.

BTW: running these tests always for each and every boot is probably a
very bad idea, as some of these testes are pretty expensive in terms
of time needed.  Also, some may have specific requirements to the
hardware configuration (like there must [or nust not] be network
cable attached, etc.).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Be careful what you wish for. You never know who will be listening.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_