[U-Boot] [Patch v2] omap3: overo: Select fdtfile for expansion board

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:17:35 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:30 AM, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier
<stefan at herbrechtsmeier.net> wrote:
> Why you set the 'expansionname' to 'tobi' for unknown (maybe foreign)
> expansion boards?
1. We need some sort of default otherwise people's boards that either
don't have an eeprom or don't have board data set in the eeprom will
stop booting.  Some Overo COMs don't have NAND therefore there is not
a good mechansim for saving the environment.
2. Tobi has been the default for ages and it is reasonable generic
choice.  It is also the most common expansion board for Overo COMs out
there.

>>                 break;
>>         }
>
> What happens if the eeprom is empty, no eeprom is available or the ETTUS
> expansion board is present? In this case the expansionname is empty.
I think 'expansionname' is set to 'tobi' in the default case of the
switch statement.

--Ash