[U-Boot] [Patch v2] omap3: overo: Select fdtfile for expansion board

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:00:38 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Stefan Herbrechtsmeier
<stefan at herbrechtsmeier.net> wrote:
> You could use an environment file next to the u-boot image.
Good point.
> Ok, but please use the GUMSTIX_NO_EEPROM case and leave the default empty or
> at least check the vendor id. This allows foreign vendors to use the
> upstream u-boot if they have an eeprom on there expansion board.
Okay---this makes sense. I'm resending with 'tobi' in the
GUMSTIX_NO_EEPROM case instead.  I've added a test on vendor id in the
default case to likewise use tobi in the case where the eeprom is
responsive but un-programmed.
> I think you mixed the GUMSTIX_NO_EEPROM and default case.
Yes---you're totally correct---thanks for catching this.

--Ash