[U-Boot] post_memory_tests

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 13 09:25:35 CET 2014

Dear chi l,

In message <BAY180-W137A35527F40147A2E3FD587760 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> What is the purpose of the _POST_WORD_ADDR variable in include/post.h? How
> should I define the value of that variable?

See post_word_load() and post_word_store() [both in include/post.h]
how _POST_WORD_ADDR gets used.  You need a persistent (across resets
of the CPU) non-RAM memory cell.

> Also, I try to run the post_memory_test in normal mode, before
> relocation ( the test verifies only small 4Kb regions of RAM around
> each 1Mb boundary). That seems to work. But when I tried to change
> the value of the regionfrom 4K to 8K, it does not work anymore. Does
> anyone have a clue on that ?

You are aware that you must not (under no circumstances) be executing
this code from system RAM?  It can only be run rom a memory device
that is not currently being tested (parallel NOR flash, SRAM, OCM or
such).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
365 Days of drinking Lo-Cal beer.                       = 1 Lite-year