[U-Boot] Running mx6qsabrelite at 1Gz with Freescale kernel rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Mar 21 23:50:18 CET 2014

Hi Thierry,

On 03/21/2014 11:47 AM, Thierry Bultel wrote:
> Le 18/03/2014 13:34, Stefano Babic a écrit :
>> Hi Thierry,
 >>
>> On 18/03/2014 12:28, tbultel at free.fr wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on a board (AMOS820 from Via) based on the mx6qsabrelite.
>>>
>>> The BSP provided by the manufacturer is quite old.
>>> I managed to port it from Freescale uboot-imx rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 to
>>> u-boot mainline, and basically the latest issue I have is the cpu
 >>> frequency.
>>>

 > <snip>
>
> It is now running at 1Ghz. I still have a couple of issues that prevent
> me to submit
> a patch as is:
>
> 1) The kernel (old, I know) I am using does not like that PCIe to have
> been formerly probed by u-boot. It hangs at probing if so.

We haven't had any trouble with our boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 branch
(which is based on rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0):

	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/tree/boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0

You might give that a pin and see if it works for you. Troy did
make some modifications to PCIe in that tree.

> Thus I have to patch my kernel, or add an environment variable to not
> initialize PCIe when set, in order to keep compatible with old kernels.
 > For now, in order to boot, I have temporary disabled PCIe support
 > in U-boot.

Thanks for the ping.

Marek, I didn't catch that you had enabled PCIE by default.

Since there aren't any peripherals which depend on this, and
even the PCIe daughter board is an extra-cost item, I'd
prefer to leave this disabled and require the user to enable
it specifically.

AFAIK, you're the only one who's tested this.

Let me know if you disagree and if you'd like me to work
up the patch.

Regards,

Eric