[U-Boot] Running mx6qsabrelite at 1Gz with Freescale kernel rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Sat Mar 22 02:33:50 CET 2014

On Friday, March 21, 2014 at 11:50:18 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:

[...]

> > 1) The kernel (old, I know) I am using does not like that PCIe to have
> > been formerly probed by u-boot. It hangs at probing if so.
>
> We haven't had any trouble with our boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 branch
> (which is based on rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0):
>
> 	https://github.com/boundarydevices/linux-imx6/tree/boundary-
imx_3.0.35_4.1
> .0
>
> You might give that a pin and see if it works for you. Troy did
> make some modifications to PCIe in that tree.

Let me remind you about that PCIe reset pin [1] again ... so, did you wire your
PCIe slot's nRESET line or not on this design? Do you operate the nRESET
correctly ?

> > Thus I have to patch my kernel, or add an environment variable to not
> > initialize PCIe when set, in order to keep compatible with old kernels.
> >
>  > For now, in order to boot, I have temporary disabled PCIe support
>  > in U-boot.
>
> Thanks for the ping.
>
> Marek, I didn't catch that you had enabled PCIE by default.

Maybe Stefano applied the patch which enabled the PCIe on SL ? If you want it
disabled, just submit a patch, either way WFM.

> Since there aren't any peripherals which depend on this, and
> even the PCIe daughter board is an extra-cost item, I'd
> prefer to leave this disabled and require the user to enable
> it specifically.
>
> AFAIK, you're the only one who's tested this.

Didn't you guys also test that ? But yes, I'm OK either way, feel free to send a
patch.

[...]

[1] http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2014-February/172496.html

Best regards,