[U-Boot] Xilinx Zed Board resets with Master

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:50:42 CET 2014

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/27/2014 09:08 AM, Tim Sander wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> As i have seen that the Xilinx support has entered master i just tried to boot
>> it on a Xilinx Zynx Zedboard Rev. D. The build works with the xilinx git tree
>> so i am pretty confident that its not some issues with bootgen or the embedded
>> fpga image.
>>
>> The board loads the fpga which can be seen by the blue "done" led of the
>> ZedBoard. But then the LED turns off and about after a second or so it just
>> lights up shortly again to turn off again. So it seems as if the board is
>> somehow caught in a reboot loop. Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>
>> I am building with:
>> export PATH=~/xilinx/SDK/2013.3/gnu/arm/lin/bin:$PATH
>> export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-
>> make clean
>> make distclean
>> make zynq_zed_config
>> make
>>
>> The BOOT.BIN is build
>> xilinx/SDK/2013.3/bin/lin64/bootgen -image u-boot.bif -w on -o BOOT.BIN
>>
>> And u-boot.bif looks like that:
>> the_ROM_image:
>> {
>>  [bootloader]zynq_fsbl_0.elf
>> system.bit
>> u-boot.elf
>> }
>
> mainline u-boot support is using configuration based on dts files (OF_CONTROL)
> And because our DTSes are almost empty in mainline I expect you are not able
> to see anything from u-boot.
> I recommend you to copy dts file from xilinx kernel and then use u-boot-dtb version.
> Or the second option is to remove OF_CONTROL from zynq-common.h file
> and then I hope you should be able to see something on console.

If you use ML, as Michal said - u-boot operates through FDT support.
But I guess even if you use u-boot.elf with FDT enabled, you must get
the below error
** CONFIG_OF_CONTROL defined but no FDT - please see doc/README.fdt-control"

Means even uart node is not written in zynq-zed.dts serial
configurations are static driver it self
as of now.

Please check and may be you can try u-boot-dtb.elf.

thanks!
--
Jagan.