[U-Boot] U-Boot, dm, ubi: struct device is declared twice

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri May 2 08:06:39 CEST 2014

On Friday, May 02, 2014 at 07:19:01 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hello Simon, Marek,
>
> just updating to current mainline code and defining
> CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD pops up the following error:
>
>   CC      common/board_r.o
> In file included from include/linux/mtd/flashchip.h:21:0,
>                   from include/linux/mtd/nand.h:31,
>                   from include/nand.h:39,
>                   from common/board_r.c:40:
> include/ubi_uboot.h:202:8: error: redefinition of 'struct device'
>   struct device {
>          ^
> In file included from include/dm.h:10:0,
>                   from common/board_r.c:21:
> include/dm/device.h:56:8: note: originally defined here
>   struct device {
>          ^
> make[1]: *** [common/board_r.o] Fehler 1
> make: *** [common] Fehler 2
> pollux:u-boot hs [20140502] $
>
> for a not yet mainlined imx6 board using UBI/UBIFS on nand. I am
> currently sync current Linux MTD/UBI and UBIFS code to U-Boot, but
> I think this error should pop up for all boards using DM and UBI ...

In the ideal case, we should use the same struct device for both UBI and DM, but
we cannot do that. Thus, renaming the DM struct device would be the best option
for now.

btw. are you syncing the UBI/UBIFS code from mainline into U-Boot now ? Can you
keep me posted on patches please ?

Best regards,
Marek Vasut