[U-Boot] Problem building am335x_evm config

Vasili Galka vvv444 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 13:48:19 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Vasili,
>
> please do not top post.
>
> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Vasili Galka <vvv444 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Marek,
> >
> > I've followed your advice and tried the following two on clean tree:
> >
> > make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- O=out/am335x_evm
> > am335x_evm_config
> >
> > make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- O=out/am335x_evm am335x_evm
> >
> > Unfortunately, this does not help. I'm still getting the same error.
> Try:
> make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- am335x_evm_defconfig
> make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
>
> it works for me (please update your CROSS_COMPILE)
>

> > Best,
> > Vasili
> >

> > On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Vasisli,

> >> Add to parameters also ARCH=arm

> >> BR,
> >>
> >> marek
> >>
> >> --
> >> as simple and primitive as possible
> >> -------------------------------------------------
> >> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> >> Freelance Developer
> >>
> >> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> >> Tel: +421 915 052 184
> >> skype: marekwhite
> >> twitter: #opennandra
> >> web: http://open-nandra.com
> >

> BR,
>
> marek
>

> --
> as simple and primitive as possible
> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> Freelance Developer
>
> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> Tel: +421 915 052 184
> skype: marekwhite
> twitter: #opennandra
> web: http://open-nandra.com

Dear Marek,

First, many thanks for your help!
Second, please excuse me if I did something wrong, that was merely of
inexperience, hope now it is fine.
Third, maybe I should have described my configuration a little more on the
beginning, as it is not totally standard:

I'm building on Cygwin using arm-none-eabi tool-chain that I've built
myself. Up until now I was working on v2013.10 based branch and all was
building fine. Today I wanted to migrate to v2014.04 bumped into the above
problem. I don't fully understand why my tool-chain is not good enough for
the newer branch and what I shall do now.

Looking forward for your advice.

Regards,
Vasili