[U-Boot] booting signed Images

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon May 5 09:35:43 CEST 2014

Hello Simon,

just talked with Wolfgang about the booting process from signed images,
as it is described in:

doc/uImage.FIT/verified-boot.txt
doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt

If we see it correct, then it is still possible to boot an uImage
or a FIT image without signature with "bootm" when CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE
is defined.

The question raised, if this is a good behaviour.

Should we not prevent booting uImages or not signed FIT Images when
CONFIG_FIT_SIGNATURE is defined?
Or at least prevent booting such unsigned images through an U-Boot
env variable.

What Do you think?

Thanks in advance

bye,