[U-Boot] armv8 relocation questions

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri May 16 23:15:14 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 10:28:25PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Darwin,
>
> In message <53763B78.6030801 at broadcom.com> you wrote:
> >
> > 3. Fixed offset case:
> > CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE = 0x88000020
>
> You completely fail to respond to my repeated statement that a
> CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE like this is bogus.

This.  What the heck is going on?  CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is where the
text section ends up, and the rest of the binary that follows, until we
relocate.  If we're being loaded by something else, it needs to be
placing us at the right spot.  If there's some header on top of the
image to be considered by the loader, adjust where THAT loads us.  If we
cannot, then you must change CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE around.  Pad things
up a bit for proper alignment.  It seems where somewhere around "Doctor,
it hurts when I hit myself with a hammer!" and can't stop hammering our
poor finger.

--
Tom