[U-Boot] [RFC] POWER framework v3 - wish list

Przemyslaw Marczak p.marczak at samsung.com
Tue May 20 10:47:23 CEST 2014

Hello Marek,

On 05/15/2014 09:01 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On Friday, May 09, 2014 at 08:58:02 AM, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> [...]
>
>>    struct power_ops_key_power {
>>    	int (*key_state) (int *state);
>>    };
>
> This could be a key input device.
>
>>    struct power_ops_rtc {
>>    	int (*sec) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    	int (*min) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    	int (*hour) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    	int (*day) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    	int (*month) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    	int (*year) (int set_get, int *val);
>>    };
>
> RTC device.
>
>>    struct power_ops_motor {
>>    	int (*configure) (void);
>>    	int (*enable) (int time, int gain);
>>    };
>>
>>    struct power_ops_led_flash {
>>    	int (*configure) (void);
>>    	int (*enable) (void);
>>    	int (*disable) (void);
>>    };
>
> LED device.

Yes, they are actually a various devices with separated options.

I looked into some Frescale and Maxim PMICs documentation. And those
integrated devices usually provides various ops on one or two
interfaces. So I think it would be nice to have one framework and e.g.
register available devices options for each interface of each device.

> It seems like you're trying to assemble a huge framework while avoiding the
> already-present frameworks. No?

You're right - we have some frameworks at present and this framework
could be an additional abstraction level between device and uboot commands.
Device could be presented as it was designed - is it bad idea?

> Best regards,
> Marek Vasut

Thanks
--