[U-Boot] [ppc] qemu-ppce500 howto

Alexander Graf agraf at suse.de
Thu May 22 11:04:47 CEST 2014

On 22.05.14 09:52, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to run the qemu-ppce500 within qemu. I am using -bios
> u-boot.bin and no luck, I get live signal.
>
> I am using latest u-boot master and qemu master.
>
> Command:
> $ ./qemu-system-ppc -M ppce500 -nographic -bios u-boot.bin
>
> Tried to load u-boot as well, same.

Yes, that command should work with the right patches :). Unfortunately
they are not in master yet, but instead waiting in my queue:

   https://github.com/agraf/qemu

Please give things a try with the ppc-next branch in there. That should
get things working for you.

If you also want to run this using KVM, please keep in mind that you
need a few extra patches that are in my kvm-ppc-queue branch as well.

Alex