[U-Boot] Standalone application issue.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 23 14:10:25 CEST 2014

Dear "mazen.e",

In message <1400831110428-180515.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to load and execute the hello world standalone app on the
> arndale exynos 5250. I created an image using the mkimage tool and then used
> the bootm to load and execute the image. However, the applications does not
> print anything on the terminal and all what I can see is the following:
>

> Image Type:   ARM U-Boot Standalone Program (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    594 Bytes = 594 Bytes
>    Load Address: 70200000
>    Entry Point:  70200000

Where are these load and entry point addresses coming from?

As far as I can see, the linker command for the hello_world progrtam
looks like this:

	arm-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd   -g -Ttext 0xc100000 -o
	examples/standalone/hello_world -e hello_world ...

And I also see

	-> nm hello_world | grep hello_world
	0c100000 T hello_world

So I would expect to see 0xC100000 instead of 0x70200000 ??

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Der Irrtum wiederholt sich immerfort in der Tat.  Deshalb muß man das
Wahre unermüdlich in Worten wiederholen.                     - Goethe