[U-Boot] spi_flash_probe returns zero idcodes and hangs

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Sat May 24 20:25:05 CEST 2014

+ u-boot ML

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Amit Mahadik <amitmahadik35 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>                 Please find attached my driver file. The function
> spi_flash_alloc_base declaration was added to include/spi_flash.h and
> definition to drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash.c.

Yes - It's looks fine but.

> Regards,
> Amit.
>

> On Saturday, 24 May 2014 10:45 PM, Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Amit Mahadik <amitmahadik35 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>                I am using a custom ARM based development board running
>> u-boot from PNOR memory. However, it does not have support for the Micron
>> SPI flash memory (N25Q064A). I have added support for the micron memory in
>> drivers/mtd/spi/stmicro.c file and included the flag
>> CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_STMICRO in the config file and recompiled the u-boot source
>> source. Then, ran it directly through RAM memory.
>> The new u-boot ran from RAM. Now when I run sf probe 0 command I get the
>> following output
>> Got Idcodes 000000: 00 00 00 00  and the code hangs after this.

This log should not be all 0's
#ifdef DEBUG
        printf("SF: Got idcodes\n");
        print_buffer(0, idcode, 1, sizeof(idcode), 0);
#endif

The idcode details comes from drivers/spi while reading flash ID code.
Check with your driver once and it's good to try to latest u-boot.

> Looks like your driver itself is not returning any proper idcode.
>
> What id details you added - I think you're using old u-boot no stmicro.c
> in current u-boot, please re-base to master and try.

thanks!
--
Jagan.