[U-Boot] Unable to boot the new FIT image

Harsha Kiran harshakiran443 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 08:15:37 CEST 2014

Hi Simon.
I am able to successfully load the FIT image now :) Thanks for the help.

I applied Heiko's patch. If CONFIG_OF_CONTROL is defined, the behaviour of
the board is same as i mentioned in my previous emails. I tried removing
the CONFIG_OF_CONTROL from the config file and it was able to read the
u-boot.img. I modifed my uEnv.txt file and i was able to load my FIT image.

I was wondering if we use CONFIG_OF_SEPERATE and CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE
is it fine not to use the CONFIG_OF_CONTROL? and how should i use the
u-boot-dtb.bin file? I tried stopping the u-boot and entered the following
in the u-boot prompt to load the u-boot-dtb.bin

u-boot# fatload mmc 0 0x81000000 u-boot-dtb.bin

U-Boot#
U-Boot#
U-Boot# fatload mmc 0 0x81000000 u-boot-dtb.bin
reading u-boot-dtb.bin
460759 bytes read in 43 ms (10.2 MiB/s)
U-Boot# go 0x81000000
## Starting application at 0x81000000 ...

U-Boot 2014.07-rc1 (May 25 2014 - 00:46:36)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB

and it hangs here.. Which address should i use to load the u-boot-dtb.bin?

I will start working on the secure u-boot with FIT signatures soon on
am335xsk EVM.

Thanks,
Harsha