[U-Boot] Standalone application issue.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 25 10:22:57 CEST 2014

Dear "mazen.e",

In message <1401002648328-180660.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Here is the command I am using to make the image :
>
> mkimage -A arm -O u-boot -T standalone -C none -a c1000000 -e 0c100000 -n
> "Hello World" -d hello_world.bin HelloWorld.img
>

> Please note that I checked using nm command that the entry point is actually
> 0c100000.

You did not really read my message...

|-------------------^^^^^^^^
|-------------------^^^^^^^^
|>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
|
|0xc1000000 != 0x0c100000
|
|1) Please re-check load address and entry point address - I feel they
|   should be identical, but they are not.  Actually your entry point
|   address seems bogus (missing one 0).

Checkl your command again, you are passing two DIFFERENT addresses.
The address for "-a" has 6 zeros (correct), while the address for
"-e" has only 5 (wrong).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The number  of  Unix  installations  has  grown  to  10,  with  more
expected."    - The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972