[U-Boot] [ppc] qemu-ppce500 howto

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Sun May 25 13:10:39 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Alexander Graf <agraf at suse.de> wrote:

> On 24.05.14 09:23, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

>>> Yes, that command should work with the right patches :). Unfortunately they are not in master yet, but instead waiting in my queue:
>>>
>>>    https://github.com/agraf/qemu
>>>
>>> Please give things a try with the ppc-next branch in there. That should get things working for you.
>>>
>> WORKING! thanks!
>>
>> Is there any support for flush and/or mtd for this target (-drive
>> if=pflash, -mtdblock)?
>

> I haven't implemented pflash yet, sorry. Do you need the flash device for configuration storage or as backing storage for your kernel?

Well, I wish both... :)

boot qemu as if it were a target....

1. put u-boot on pflash, and boot from it.
2. have backing storage for kernel (can be mtd).
3. have data partition (can be mtd).

we can skip (1) as -bios is good enough... but for (2), (3) I do not
see solution but have either mtd or other block device support... is
that possible?