[U-Boot] LAN9500 Ethernet driver support in u-boot

Ravikumar Rajam aprajam at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:53:05 CEST 2014

Hi Experts,

we are using omap44xx tablet u-boot for booting OMAP4460 based board having
Jorjin SOM module. The board has ethernet support through LAN9500 chip,

Current u-boot version of OMAP BLAZE and TABLET do not provide support for
ethernet through usb and does not even have the driver structure for usb
net drivers and we see that SMSC95xx driver support is there in Beagleboard
u-boot source.

Now we have following questions:

1. Can we port the driver from Beagleboard-xm board to the blaze tablet
u-boot? Is it possible to just copy the usb/eth folder to the u-boot of
Jorjin module and modify the make file and will it work?

2. Will the other path of porting the OMAP44xx related initialization to
Beagleboard u-boot be simpler and better?

Any support on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Rajam