[U-Boot] Standalone application issue.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 26 10:00:57 CEST 2014

Dear "mazen.e",

In message <1401086047300-180701.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> mkimage -A arm -O u-boot -T standalone -C none -a 0x0c100000 -e 0x0c100000
> -n  "Hello World" -d hello_world.bin Hello.img
> ARNDALE5250 # bootm 0x43E00000
> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 43e00000 ...
>    Image Name:   Hello World
>    Image Type:   ARM U-Boot Standalone Program (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    594 Bytes = 594 Bytes
>    Load Address: 0c100000
>    Entry Point:  0c100000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> OK

This looks OK to me.

> Still, the program hangs at the above giving no sign of life.

Well, then I guess you should attach a JTAG debugger and have a closer
look where it is hanging, and why.

> Can I try to write the hello world standalone into the microSD?  what are dd
> parameters shall I use (e.g. seek)?

That would not change anything, I think.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
a simple system that worked."             - John Gall, _Systemantics_