[U-Boot] pxa310 SDHC support.

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Mon May 26 12:56:34 CEST 2014

On Monday, May 26, 2014 at 12:28:49 PM, aking_jin wrote:
> Hi, Marek
>
> On 2014/5/26 Mon 16:59, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > On Monday, May 26, 2014 at 09:51:58 AM, aking_jin wrote:
> >> Hi, marek
> >>
> >>       I've seen on the Internet that pxa310 support SDHC up to 32GB, but
> >>
> >> I'm using u-boot 2014.01, It could initialize OK.
> >>
> >>       Device: PXA MMC
> >>       Manufacturer ID: 3
> >>       OEM: 5344
> >>       Name: SS08G
> >>       Tran Speed: 26000000
> >>       Rd Block Len: 512
> >>       SD version 3.0
> >>       High Capacity: Yes
> >>       Capacity: 7.4 GiB
> >>       Bus Width: 4-bit
> >>
> >>       It shows time out while reading block . Is there any particular
> >>
> >> process should be add?
> >
> > It is well possible that the driver is broken on PXA3xx . Note that
> > mainline U- Boot doesn't really support PXA3xx . Are you working on
> > PXA3xx support for mainline U-Boot ?
>
> I'm looking for support for pxa310 MMC SDHC .
> In the PXA310 SPEC:
>
>      The MMC module is based on the standards outlined in the
> MultiMediaCard System
> Specification Version 3.3.1. The SD module manages one SD or SDIO card
> based on the standards
> outlined in the SD Memory Card Specification Version 1.10 and SDIO Card
> Specification Version
> 1.0
>
> I'm doubting if the controller support SDHC (SD 2.0) ?

The PXA27x controller works even with SDXC , that is tested. I suspect there
might be some change in the PXA3xx controller, but I don't really know for sure.
You'd have to check.

Also, you didn't really answer my question with regards to porting U-Boot above.
If you do that, use latest mainline, not 2014.01 .

Best regards,
Marek Vasut