[U-Boot] Statically allocate a range of physical memory to an OS image.

mazen.e mazen.ezzeddine at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:51:31 CEST 2014

Hello,

I want to execute a an OS (either Linux or Android) on the Arndale exynos
5250 board. The board features 2 GB of RAM. However, I want to statically
alloacate a specifc region of RAM (e.g. 1 GB) to be used by the OS,  While
the other 1 GB is reserved for other purposes.

 What is the best way to achieve this goal? do I need to change the FDT to
reflect only the region of memory that I want to be visible by the OS? or
can it be done througth the bootargs passed from uboot to the kernel?

Please share your ideas.

Many thanks.