[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2014.07-rc2 released

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri May 30 01:40:25 CEST 2014

Hi Tom,

On 29 May 2014 08:33, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 07:24:44AM -1000, Simon Glass wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> On 27 May 2014 04:22, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > I've pushed v2014.07-rc2 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
>> > soon.
>> >
>> > Looking over the log, we've gotten some of the re-syncing that needed
>> > doing done, but there's still more on my end that needs to be picked up,
>> > so I'll be getting on that shortly.
>> >
>> > As always, if anything is broken please speak up.
>>
>> What would you like to do with the command processor refactor? "Split
>> out code from the enormous main.c"
>>
>> My intent is that one day we can have both hush and built-in with
>> sandbox to make it easier to run tests. I don't think it got a lot of
>> attention.
>>
>> I also have the BBB verified boot series - I have been pinged off-list
>> several times for this so would like to get it all working and merged.
>> There seem to be various changes floating around, so I'll make the
>> time to try it out and retest. Do you want a separate config for
>> enabling verified boot?
>>
>> Also I'd like to pull in some of the driver model and command
>> processor fixes. I suppose I can do a few pull requests for those.
>
> Yeah, sorry I've been so silent on those series.  My biggest concern
> right now is having too many large things going on at once.

Agreed - I'm hoping we can resolve the Kconfig stuff also. Still
thinking about the latest there.

> For the BBB verified boot series, yes, at least a separate build target
> to make verified only an option.  You can decide if it's
> am335x_boneblack or am335x_evm based.

OK will do.

> I'll go read over again the command processor series for this release
> and we'll see where the next round of DM changes can come in.

I'll check for needed changes after the udevice change and resend if
so. For this release it is mostly the bug-fixes, although I'd like to
add the docs patch also if we can get it in time. For next release
I'll target serial and GPIO (as you may have noticed).

Regards,
Simon