[U-Boot] coreboot and u-boot integration x86: "No tick base available"

Martin Ertsås martiert at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:33:20 CEST 2014

Hi.

I'm trying to use u-boot as a payload to coreboot. Problem is that when
coreboot starts u-boot, it fails with panic("No tick base available");

When looking at the backtrace this gives a recursive error, as panic
calls __udelay and get_ticks, which again panics. I heard this was
because u-boot overwrote the memory location of coreboot, and that there
have been some patches going around that fixes this issue, but have not
made it upstream. As far as I can tell, chromebook v2 uses these patches
to make their stuff boot. Can anyone point me in the right direction for
those patches? I have tried finding them myself, but can't seem to find
them.

Regards
- Martin