[U-Boot] wrong uboot type in uboot binary

pegasus711 aijazbaig1.new at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:42:39 CET 2014

I cross compiled u-boot's latest version 2014-10 using buildroot's built-in
cross compiler and generated uboot.bin.

When I try to invoke it like so:

it throws an error complaining wrong image format:

I've checked qemu's sources and as per the following file , the only valid
type numbers are from 0 through to 8. I am unable to understand the number
52 here. Any pointers?

Is there a way to hex dump the contents of the binary to find out its image
type to make sure if my image is indeed having an unknown type 52 or is the
problem something else?