[U-Boot] porting u-boot, MMU question

DaveKucharczyk david.kucharczyk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:16:42 CET 2014

Stefano, thank you for the very fast response. :)

Stefano Babic wrote
> Instead of doing this, I think it will be easier if you start from the
> current mx53loco nad make the customization for your board. Freescale's
> U-Boot (2009.08) and mainline diverged, as well as some internal API.

Initially that's what I wanted to do, but we have too many changes and I was
told to do it this way. Needless to say it's very slow going.

Stefano Babic wrote
> You do not need to care about that. Cache is activated per default with
> mx5/mx6, if you do not explicitely deactivate it in your config file.
> You do not need to bother about MMU setup in your board files.

Ok thanks. Why did the old U-Boot (2009.08) loco board file have the MMU
stuff and the new U-Boot (2014.07) loco board file doesn't?