[U-Boot] uboot uImage binary does not boot in Qemu

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Fri Nov 7 17:28:20 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 06.11.2014 um 07:37 schrieb pegasus711:
> I cross compiled u-boot's latest version 2014-10 using buildroot's built-in
> cross compiler and generated uboot.bin.
>
> When I try to invoke it like so:
>

> it throws an error complaining wrong image format:
>

> I've checked qemu's sources and as per 'uboot_image.h' , the only valid type
> numbers are from 0 through to 8. I am unable to understand the number 52
> here.
>
> I've followed many articles on the internet in which u-boot is booted within
> Qemu and I do not see anything different that they are doing. I am confused.

As you can see above, your message is lacking all interesting
information - for QEMU usage, error message as well as what architecture
and board this is about in the first place.

If the error is coming from QEMU, i.e. failing to start executing
U-Boot, you should write to qemu-devel list instead. Depending on
architecture and board, your use case may simply not be supported by
QEMU yet or you have a mismatch between U-Boot and QEMU options.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer; HRB 21284 AG Nürnberg